Friday, April 16, 2010

A DINING ROOM LIGHT FIXTURE -- REALLY?

My parents decided to replace the chandelier that has been above their dining room table for over 15 years. None of us really noticed it while they lived there, but without their furniture in the room, we were all in agreement that it had to go. So, I have been looking on-line for ideas for a new one.

I found this one on the Design Within Reach website (love it). It totally caught my eye. I wonder how a lighted room looks as light escapes through the random spaces made by coiled fiberglass.

I kind of like it... but I would have to see it lighting a room first, not to mention buy it second-hand,... $1,127.00... wow... I thought it was "design within reach"...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. That is very pretty. Over a thousand dollars for a lighting fixture though...oh. my. I will never be rich enough to warrant spending that much on a pretty light : )

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

So pretty! And wow, so overpriced :-(