Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hawaiin Haystacks

A friend had never made these, so I told her I would post the recipe on here. I have only made them twice, but should make them more often, as my kids and my husband love them.

Hawaiin Haystacks

2 c. Rice, cooked (long grain or brown - healthier and more filling)
2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, diced or shredded

Sauce
1 can Cream of chicken soup, diluted with 1 c. water or chicken broth (for more flavor)

Some optional toppings:

Celery, chopped
Green peppers, chopped
Broccoli, chopped
Mandarin oranges, drained
Green onions, chopped
Pineapple, crushed
Cheese, grated
Tomatoes, chopped
Chow mein noodles
Sunflower seeds
Cashews

Start with the rice and chicken, then let everyone add whatever toppings they would like. I've seen the chicken mixed in with the sauce, or separate. Some people like to pour the sauce separately on top, after all of the toppings. I have seen so many variations to this recipe, but tried to include as many as I could think of. It's super yummy, however you pile it up!

1 comment:

Britt-Marie said...

We just made these the other night too. Yum.