Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oxygen and Earplugs

One of 52 "Proven Stress Reducers" from the BYU Counseling and Development Center states: "Be prepared to wait. A paperback can make a wait in a post office line almost pleasant."

I tried this today while I had my oil changed. BUT I also had four young children with me. I don't think those proven stress reducers were meant for me.

Oxygen: A Novel
I am reading Oxygen by Carol Cassella. It is so good. My husband heard the author speak last week and ordered it from Amazon the same night. He asked me to read it first. I'm glad he did. It is about an anesthesiologist, and it has opened my eyes to what my husband is doing during his long, 12-hour shifts each day.

Another stress reducer states: "Wear earplugs. If you need to find quiet at home, pop in some earplugs."

Hmmm. Maybe I can figure out how to get more time to read this book after all.

No comments: