Friday, September 17, 2010

A Birthday and a Day Off

We celebrated my husband's birthday the other day by visiting Pike's Place Market with our two younger kids. It was so fun.

The king salmon were the biggest draw for my 2-year old.
He wanted to touch all of them that he could reach, while eating his fried donuts, and couldn't believe that they could be real.
Then we decided to get a sandwich at Market Grill - a tradition dating back to our pre-married life.
A little place, you would miss it if you weren't looking for it. It's been voted by all sorts of places for the best fish sandwiches, etc. The same cook has been there since we can remember.

I know, a bit rough looking, but the most incredible salmon and halibut sandwiches we have found anywhere.

It was a perfect and relaxing little jaunt, and I felt like it was my birthday since I got to spend the day with my best friend.
On our way out, my husband let our 2-year old chose some fresh cut flowers for me.  $5 and they look and smell absolutely divine!

No comments: