Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Stargirl

I finished reading Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli.

Stargirl (Readers Circle)Initially, I was excited to read it and had high expectations because of a recommendation from a friend.

The first few chapters had me spell-bound. I loved it - maybe more, simply because we lived in Arizona for a year?

Then, in the middle, I felt like the language suddenly didn't flow as well, thoughts were disjointed. It became a little boring, a little (painfully) predictable, and I felt like it was a struggle to read very far before becoming disinterested.

But, I was curious enough; I kept reading. Suddenly, it felt magical again and I spent the last few chapters cry-ing, seriously crying.

I feel like the book changed me - and I like that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz- I just happen to link up to your blog from "Lives of Dr. Wives." I am also married to a Dr. he is a PGY1 so intern year, he is also going into Anestheiology. I am LDS and have 4 children 3 girls and a boy. So many similarities. I have a blog also if you are a blog stalker like me www.evenhuisclan.blogspot.com
I am so glad I came upon your blog and look forward to reading your experiences.

Laura said...

Thanks so much, Liz, for your comment -- got it first thing this morning at 4:30am when I woke up for a run -- haha. I don't think I'll ever be a late sleeper again. :-) I really valued your words -- thought about them a lot today. The next few months will be very leading to me in many ways. Please keep in touch!