Friday, November 18, 2011

working at home too

A major advantage to being married to a doctor becomes very clear when one is sick or injured.  I have been battling an infection since my root canal last Friday.  I normally avoid taking medicine, assuming my body can handle anything naturally.  But the pain has been unbearable since Friday evening around 6 p.m.  I was trying to take the minimum OTC anti-inflammatory drugs and avoid taking heavier narcotics.  Finally, on Monday, my husband drew a diagram for me and explained my pain threshold, pain tolerance, and loading.  I have now taken more pills this week than I had previously taken during my entire lifetime.  But I can also get up off the couch and actually function... hmmm, a little... (shhh, my husband made dinner last night...)

1 comment:

From A Doctors Wife said...

I love their diagrams... my husband can't hardly talk about medicine without drawing something for me, usually on a paper towel.