Tuesday, February 16, 2010

LAUGHING THROUGH RESIDENCY


Without humor and lots of laughter, life as a doctor's wife would be such a drag! On Sunday our kids wanted to make Valentine's Day cookies that they could frost and decorate. I had never made them before so I found a great recipe on a fun cooking site.

My husband decided to help (he doesn't study on Sundays) and eventually all of us were in the kitchen, covered with flour, pink frosting, and big smiles.

The cookies were so yummy! And we gave away our first plate to a family we just met.

After we finished, my husband went to sit on the couch and said his chest was feeling kind of tight. I laughed so hard. It is stressful cooking with three little kids who want to be involved every step of the way and somehow create huge messes at each step. Not to mention the added noise and drama. My husband loves things to be ordered and clean, as I'm sure is the case with most doctors.

Laughter brings us together though, and somehow minimizes looming stresses that are so common when one is married to a doctor.

1 comment:

amanda said...

This is awesome! Really nice blog, Liz. Keep it up!