Saturday, October 30, 2010

m&m's

The healthier snacking idea isn't going so well.

I really, really tried every single day this week, since deciding to at least attempt to eat less white sugar and white bread products, to follow through. But, honestly, I think this is why I have never before (in my entire life) considered dieting to lose weight: just knowing I can't have something makes me want it even more.

So, I've almost made it through the entire 56 oz. bag of milk chocolate m&m's that my dad snuck into the cart while we were shopping at Costco two weeks ago. The bag wasn't a temptation until I consciously made my goal. Then it was all I could think about. One day, while making Halloween decorations, I think I ate only m&m's for my mid-morning snack, lunch, and my mid-afternoon snack.

Wow. My self-discipline is definitely up for a tune-up. Any ideas? I think I'll go and re-read Pride & Prejudice. That ought to help a bit.

2 comments:

Jamie Lamb said...

I thought Dr. Phil's book was good. It's been a few years since a read it, but I think he gets to the heart of the issue better than most.

Good luck! I think we could all use a little help this time of year!

lbb said...

Amen, Liz.
The more it's off-limits, the more I want something.
But I have learned to never have a Coscto sized anything tasty in the house (recently I threw out our HUGE peanut M&Ms bag because I was the only one constantly eating it!).
If it's there, it's in my head and in my gut!
xo.