Monday, November 15, 2010

Tracking Money

Since the majority of my conversations with friends lately have involved finances, last week a friend recommended this site to me: mint.com.

It is super neat, and extremely complete. You can track every penny really easily and find trends with your spending and plan for future savings. What an ingenious website! I feel like I am really good at tracking every penny we spend, but lack seeing the big picture with my monthly excel budget sheets. Plus, this website allows you to have everything at one site, rather than needing to check credit card monthly totals, bank account totals, etc. on various websites. It simplifies the tracking of money spent and money saved. The ideas on the website pushed me to plan better by saving just a little bit - even $5 a week would add up to something later!

No comments: