Sunday, February 21, 2010

STRUGGLES DURING RESIDENCY

Someone mentioned today how we always find strength in our relationships during economic difficulties.

During my husband's pre-med years, various doctors' wives told me that the years that they struggled financially were some of the best years of their lives. I smiled, but silently wondered if they had purposefully forgotten 99% of their actual experiences during these years.

But honestly, being married to a medical student/resident and experiencing some of the busiest and poorest years of our lives, I must admit that it does make sense. Because of our financial struggles and the many other challenges present during these years, my husband and I are unified. We draw strength from each other, and at times merely from our relationship alone. I feel like everything and anything is possible because of our relationship.

No comments: