Monday, March 15, 2010

A FEW ADVANTAGES OF CALL NIGHTS

So, there are actually some pretty great things about being a doctor's wife when the doctor has a night call shift at the hospital. Here are just a few:

1. You don't have to clean - anything. The library books can stay strewn across the living room floor - in order to encourage readership, of course. Take a break from the laundry and dishes - it's easy to catch up the following day.

2. You don't have to make a fancy dinner. The kids are super happy with, and grateful for, spaghett-EE (really). The after-school games outside can continue well into the dinner hour - with no worries! Simple dinners equate to less dishes afterwards which takes us back to #1 above.

3. You don't have to put makeup on, get dressed cute, or even shower. The recurring battle with the 2-year old to change out of his pajamas can be forfeited, which again brings us back to #1 above, due to less laundry. (This picture was taken at the mall!! - I totally gave up that day.)
*On that note, I hit an all-time low on Friday and actually purchased a cute pair of pajamas for myself that I can wear out of the house (driving kids to school, play groups, etc.)! Talk about simplifying the morning routine. I'm still wearing them right now.

I know, I know, it's amazing that my children have any sort of routine at all. I guess I feel like life is too short - my kids are growing up so fast! Honestly, though, when my husband is on night call, in a way it's like a mini vacation.

No comments: