Monday, December 20, 2010

Play Dough

I am cramming to make my last minute presents for family and neighbors this morning. Earlier, my kids were getting restless, but I needed them to busy with a wholesome non-tv activity for just a bit longer. I pulled out the play-do bin and found only a small container of play-do. So, I quickly made a batch of homemade play dough. It is so fluffy and wonderful that I thought I'd share the recipe. It's from Cookin' with the Crazylady! (one of my favorite cook books) and it is so easy.

EASY PLAY DOUGH
1 c. flour
1 c. water
1/2 c. salt
2 tsp. cream of tartar
2 tbsp. oil
Food coloring for colored play dough

Mix all in medium sauce pan. Cook over low heat until very thick and well done. Normal to lump while cooking. Store in airtight container.

No comments: