Thursday, January 5, 2012

discovering a new squash

I discovered delicata squash tonight.  I received it in my weekly bin of organic, local, fresh produce last week, (I have since cancelled this service because it was not helping me save money on groceries by preventing me from overspending once inside the grocery store - but I already miss it dearly).  I had no idea what to do with my delicata squash, so I googled a recipe and came up with this one: Better Than Butternut: Roasted Delicata Squash Recipe.  The outcome was addictive; I'm sure I'll be craving it for months. 

Note: None of my kids would eat more than one bite... but my husband agreed with me: it was amazing.

1 comment:

Katie Tyler said...

ohh! this sounds tempting- like she said in the recipe- I usually avoid Butternut because it is giant, and tough and takes forever! can't wait to try this :)
thanks!