Sunday, July 22, 2012

the waiting place

I LOVE this quote.  It captures exactly how I picture myself sometimes during residency.

"The Lord’s way is not to sit at the side of the stream and wait for the water to pass before we cross. It is to come together, roll up our sleeves, go to work, and build a bridge or a boat to cross the waters of our challenges."  Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Providing in the Lord's Way", Liahona and Ensign, November 2011.

This was in an email I received today from: http://www.lds.org/study/messages?lang=eng

It reminds me of "the waiting place" in "Oh the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss.  Every time I read that to my kids, I evaluate whether I am merely "waiting" for residency to be over... or whether I am actively working towards some thing, or a few things as it feels like most of the time.  I think this is Key to surviving these years well - not only for my own happiness, but for my husband's and my children's happiness as well.

No comments: